"TAMO" - The Final Project
Smartphone addiction is one typical example of the disadvantages of technology. It is a common social phenomenon that many people check their smartphones compulsively. Even when they are stay with others, they seem to "talk to" their phones more than to make a real chat with people nearby.
(By Jacob Ufkes from unsplash.)
So I want to make an installation that can remind people to put down their phones, head up and make a real talk with others.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
WHAT I LEARNT
- Prototype is just prototype. (Cardboard has different properties to plywood and acrylic.)
- Wiring can be a big problem.
- Measurement is important.
- Tools can be very handy. Don't be afraid of them and use them right.
- Fabrication can be both fun and frustrating.
- Don't forget your lunch and dinner. Take a break between each step.
Thank you Ben!