© 2019 Mengzhen Xiao

Enclosure

October 2, 2017

 

The idea is to make an installation which can help you decide what to do during the weekend.

 

 

 

 The First Pancake

 

 

 

 The hole is a bit smaller and the switch is stuck in the hole. 

 

 

The standoffs are longer than I expected. I have to buy shorter ones.

The holes for the screws are too big to hold it tightly. 

 

 

And I also find a big problem that I forgot to design the place to put the battery. Oh gosh.

I have to make it again from the beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

The Second Try

 

 

 

 This time I connected the battery to Arduino first to make sure that I had the right measure.

 

 

I also remember the lesson I learnt from the first demo that the size error of holes can be a big hidden trouble. So I made some samples by the laser cutter and measured the holes each time and made some modification. 

 

 

 

 

I also decided to use hand drill instead of the laser cutter to drill holes for screws and standoffs, because it's a quicker and easy to make modification. At first I'm afraid of that the hand drill would break the acrylic but it worked good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Final Production

 

 

I used shorter standoffs to take place the former ones.  The new ones are 1-3/4", and the former ones are 2-1/2".

 

 

 

And I also made the wires looks more tidy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Archive
Read Another Post